Football is a world famous game, and millions of people around the world enjoy it. Even if you are a great fan of football, you may not know some interesting facts about the game. Here the some of them.
1. Football was played for the firs time in China in around 476 B.C. It was a form of exercise for the military people back then. People had to kick a leather ball filled with feathers and hair to a net that was only 30 to 40 cm wide and fixed onto long bamboo canes.
2. The highest number of goals scored by a single player in a single match was 16. It was scored in 1942 by Stephan Stanis of France while playing for Racing Club de Lens. He was playing against the Aubry Asturies during a French Cup match.
3. The fastest goal ever was scored in just 2 seconds. Nawaf Al Abed of Saudi Arabia scored the goal in 2010 in a game between Al Hilal and Al Shoalah. However, the match was declared void as there were many players above 23 years of age in an age restricted tournament.
4. Lightning killed a whole football team in 1998. This tragic event took place in Congo during a match between the villages of Basangana and Bena Tshadi. All 11 people dead were between 20 and 35 years old.
5. Astronaut Neil Armstrong wanted to take a football to the moon. But NASA rejected the proposal as it was considered to be un-American.
The craze of football will always be there. Players will make records and others will break them and achieve something better. The facts just mentioned are interesting, and football fans will always be curious to know such information surrounding their favorite game football.